Ubuntu 10.04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 10.04

I have been using ubuntu for 5 years. It is pretty simple to use and is compatible with most window programs. Most people thinks that ubuntu is not for gamer then you are wrong. Ubuntu is compatible with most window games (PlayOnLinux).

you are extruded familiar operating system, then keep it. Do not do anything to change takes time.

Comment

I've used Ubuntu for a long time as web server and as a desktop OS for some of my computer's takes a little while to get used to but all in all its not to bad to use
      It's those that hold excitement in their hearts that make the new world! -Ash

image removed. Dimensions exceeded. read rules for signature guidelines.
      - Lisa Hayes

Comment

Utubu the way you speak as well as the instructions are very good, but I still can not install it because it's too complicated. I also plan to install it again but I fear doing so will lose all data on my computer. My computer is having a very important data

Comment

if your windows have bsods its usually faulty hardware or incorrect drivers.

I had faulty drivers for both mobo and ram. switched those two babies out, no more bsods.

i do get bsods when i try to o'c over 3.6ghz, its kinda disappointing.

Comment

I installed Ubuntu when it was 7.10. I realized it's a great OS, but too difficult for new user, because of its command.
            Now, Ubuntu is 10.10 and version 11.04 will be released in a few time. I prefer Kubuntu than Ubuntu.
            If you're a newbie, you can try Ultimate Edition (UE), it's a good Distro of Ubuntu, with many software pre installed, it's very easy to use !
            .:: Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it ::.
            ---------------------------------- TRY YOUR BEST ----------------------------------

Comment

Ubuntu has a certification system for third-party software. Ubuntu certified proprietary software will work fine in Ubuntu. Anyway, there are many programs familiar to users on non-free operating system, such as Microsoft Windows, not Ubuntu compatible and has not been certified. Some proprietary software is not limited distributions are included as part of the Ubuntu Multiverse. Some examples of software not distributed by Ubuntu include

Comment

Originally posted by uploadinguser
                is it good?
                i mean better then windows?
                does it have viruses?
                Depends.

Depends on the reasons why you use your computer.

No.

Comment

I installed Ubuntu for the first time some days ago.
                  I was on my netbook, doing ordinary stuff, when my antivirus said me "2 Threats Detected!" and i said "Clean Them AHAH!" and then.. Boom.
                  I was not able to recover the system by pressing F11 when booting.
                  So, i had only one chance: asked a friend to download ubuntu, copy it on my pendrive usb, and install it.

I have to say that Ubuntu is pretty fast compared to windows. On a netbook it is definitely my first choice.

Comment

I've been using Ubuntu 10.04 for quite a while now. Never had a problem with it recognizing my Phenom II X6 (all 6 cores) and all 6 gigs of ram.

Some people say "Ubuntu is damn too hard ,batter to use Windows" ,well ,as far I go ,the hardest is installing software that ONLY for windows
                    Funny you say that, I taught my mom to use Linux and now she hates Windows! For windows apps I use VMWare player and run XP in that. No need to dual boot when I can run both at the same time!

Comment

^Oh thanks for the tip on VMWare. I also use Ubuntu but havesome problems with RMXP/VX so I'm looking for a things that would run it. I use dual system on my computar because so far I need some help with confuguration of codecs to play 720p videos on my piece of junk... This comp is an old-timer but I at least modified on highest specs what I could...
                      I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target.
                      "True tactican lay low until he's allready conquered the world in secret."

Comment

Currently, there is a game market type of thing called Desura. You guys can check it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X